Are you a soup fan? I go for weeks eating soups as my lunch at home. Something about the warmth & often something spicy just makes me happy. It can also really help with weight loss & making us feel more full! This recipe was adapted from the Poached Chicken with Bok Choy in Ginger Broth recipe from Martha Stewart Clean Slate Cookbook, p. 232. I’m in love with the recipe overall but I subbed in some flavors & ingredients I almost always have on hand. This is an easy one that is sure to please & adjust for anyone wanting to use up some ingredients!…
Easy Ginger Beef with Green Beans Stir Fry
adapted from allrecipes.com
1 pound chuck steak cut into thin strips
3 cups fresh or thawed green beans
1 cup baby corn (these have been cut into thirds)
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
1/4 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (sometimes a mixture of chili oil or sesame oil is nice too)
1/4 cup reduced salt soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons fresh ginger
Optional: 1-3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce. Not recommended for little mouths!
1. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok over medium high heat.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Combine with sliced steak & toss well to combine.
3. When oil is hot, add fresh garlic. When fragrant & add sliced beef. Stir fry to desired doneness & remove. Keep warm. I usually put it on a plate & store it in the microwave until called for.
4. Add green beans & baby corn to pan & stir fry until done, somewhere between 3-5 minutes. Return beef back to the pan & stir to combine.
5. In a separate bowl whisk soy sauce, beef broth, remaining corn starch, onion, ginger, & brown sugar.
6. Add to the pan & cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
Optional: Serve over rice.
Serves 4. This one actually reheats well so leftovers aren’t frowned upon.
I hope you enjoy the recipe, we love it in my house! We often add a bit more of the sriracha sauce if we’re in the mood for a bit of spice. It works really well with this recipe!