Things you’ll likely learn about me upon our first meeting- I like color, I enjoy binge-watching 2000’s television, & I love tacos. Love. Tacos are my favorite food- any culture & just about any ingredients. When I’m looking to cut my carb count & up my protein, I tend to turn to my air fryer. & this is something I’ve made for both lunch & dinner that is a hit!
For this recipe you’ll need an air fryer (WE USE THIS ONE!) or a NuWave Oven (WE USE THIS ONE) which is very similar- let me know if you would like to see a comparison on the two! The idea can be adapted for a baking sheet but this is a lot easier, faster, & won’t heat up your house. That’s an important fact here in Vegas!
- 20-25 medium size shrimp, raw, cleaned
- ½ teaspoon taco seasoning mix or even amounts of garlic, pepper, oregano, & chili powder with salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil, such as coconut or avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1-2 cups cheese, shredded
- Cooking spray
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Spray the Air Fryer with cooking spray or a mist of oil to keep item from sticking.
- Combine seasoning mix, ½ teaspoon or one wedge of fresh lime juice, oil, & shrimp in a bowl.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Add to fryer basket. Cook until pink & firmed up, between 6-8 minutes depending on shrimp size.
- While the shrimp cook, heat a skillet to low-med. Add the shredded cheese spreading evenly. Let melt into your crisp & transfer to plate or tray to set up & firm.
- Add shrimp to the plate & top with additional lime juice & fresh cilantro & avocado if desired.
- Make crispy jalapeno coins via the recipe linked or add sliced fresh jalapenos to the same bowl from the shrimp & toss in leftover oil. Fry in air fryer until crispy.
This setup uses the recipe from my Perfectly Crispy Air Fryer Jalapeno Rings- VIEW THE RECIPE HERE! They’re addictive, guilt-free, & go with pretty much anything! Plus they also cook at 400 degrees so it is easy to prep either before or after the shrimp & cheese crisp!
What are your favorite air fryer recipes? Ever made cheese crisps? What are your favorite unique taco ideas?