Fun fact: I used to completely hate eggs. This likely surprises those who follow me on instagram (check me out right here for more food, style, & adventures!) because even recently I’ve posted breakfast tacos & portabello scrambled eggs. But go back 10 years & that was just the beginning of me even bothering to give eggs a shot. I’ve come a long way since then! Today I want to share my personal favorite snack involving deviled eggs- keep reading to check out my Thai Basil Sriracha Deviled Eggs Recipe.
I think deviled eggs get a bad reputation because people have completely placed them in the spring/Easter category. Nope- not me. I get you eggs. I feel your need to be not just a breakfast food. & I can respect that. If you take away anything from this post I hope it is looking at eggs a bit differently. They’re cheap, tasty, & easy to get your hands on.
- 6 hard boiled large eggs, peeled & cooled
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime wedge, small (more if desired after tasting)
- Pinch of smoked salt (optional)
- Thai basil leaves for garnish, either small or chopped
- Remove your eggs from the refrigerator. Carefully slice each in half lengthwise. Separate the white & yolks. Place whites back in the refrigerator if desired or making a larger batch.
- Combine yolks, Greek yogurt (or mayo if desired), sriracha, juice from small lime wedge, garlic powder, & salt in a medium bowl. Taste to see if you'd like more lime juice.
- Pipe into egg white halves. Top with additional sriracha if desired. Garnish with the Thai basil.
Sometimes I add some smoky paprika or more sriracha to the top of these babies. But honestly- they’re pretty great no matter what variation you use. I’m not a mayo fan so I sub in the Greek yogurt which is also healthier- this swap is entirely personal. Because these are spicy you don’t really notice the yogurt taste either which I know some people aren’t into.
No matter what you end up doing- tell me about it though! Tag me on instagram @stephlouiseatb so I can see it too! & reveal your egg-celent secrets! (Yes I went there. No, I have zero shame.