Bacon & Jalapenos are two of my favorite things. Another favorite thing? Poppers- ooey, gooey, cheesy poppers. Oh, & pizza? Yes. That too. Basically this recipe is a bunch of my favorite things crammed into the easiest single-serving recipe pretty much ever. Keep reading to check it out!
What really brings this baby around town? A bit of kick. I used these Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeños. They have lots of other topping options as well! For spicier pizzas- check out the trio above! Mix & match to create your perfect pie. By yourself? Whip up your favorite. Hosting a party? Grab a few ideas & use them as appetizers. Need a fun dinner for the kids? Finally- a pizza we can all agree on. Pizza, guys. Pizza.
You want to add enough cream cheese for that moisture but also not so much that it is overwhelming. I actually used Blue Isle Yogurt Spread. It tastes like cream cheese but is made of Greek yogurt.
- 1 Pita Bread
- 1-3 tablespoons cream cheese or yogurt spread (varies on type)
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon
- jalapeno slices
- Start off with your pita bread on a metal baking sheet sprays with cooking spray or a light spritz of oil to prevent sticking & aid in crisping. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- You want to add enough cream cheese for that moisture but also not so much that it is overwhelming. I actually used Blue Isle Yogurt Spread. It tastes like cream cheese but is made of Greek yogurt.
- Next is cheese! I love a nice, sharp cheddar. A bit more snap & I just love when it gets crunchy around the edges!
- & bacon! Of course!
- Last up is the jalapenos. Add as many or as few as you’d like! I like them in slices but you can also chop them up fine if preferred.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Then I broil until it looks like a wood fired pizza…because that’s my favorite kind of pizza! It only takes a few extra minutes & makes me smile way bigger!
Want to win something awesome from Mezzetta? Enter to win their prizes!:
• Grand Prize (1) – 55” 4K LED TV plus the Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack including Mezzetta branded football, blanket, pint glasses (4), cooler, party tray, cocktail napkins, and a jar each of Mezzetta Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeños, Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Roasted Bell Peppers and Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack
Requirements for Entry: First Name, Last Name and Email Address Expires: January 26th, 2016
Winners Chosen at Random Winner will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks.