I have a confession: I grew up eating a lot of TV dinners. Growing up it was usually a lot of late nights between dance & cheer so it was usually about grabbing something quick. TV dinners definitely made that easier! After we got married we invested in a deep freezer. I can’t imagine life without it! Buying in bulk, getting great deals, & an endless supply of food I’ve frozen when it was in season. I still buy two types of frozen ready meals: healthy pizzas for a busy night & frozen veggies with cheese for quick low calorie lunches. One of my favorites is cauliflower because it mimics macaroni & cheese…which is easily one of my favorite foods ever. Want something a bit heartier during the week with truly hidden veggies? Then Cauliflower Mac N Cheese is for you!
Cauliflower Mac N Cheese
1 10 ounce Package Microwave Ready Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce
2 cups uncooked pasta
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
Optional: salt & pepper to taste.
1. Start pot of salted water to boil to cook pasta. When boiling, cook pasta to al dente.
2. Prepare cauliflower with cheese sauce mixture per package instructions. Let cool one minute.
3. Place cauliflower mixture into blender/food processor. Add in cheddar cheese. Pulse until well combined.
4. If too thick, add a bit of water or cream.
5. Drain pasta well. Mix all ingredients together. Salt & pepper to taste.
This turns out to be a lot like a cheddar cream sauce & if you have kids, they’ll never guess there are hidden veggies. Add chicken, ground turkey, more veggies, or serve just the sauce over veggies. If you love cheese this just might be your new favorite sauce!