Crescent dough is definitely a great emergency food. When I haven’t prepared something, have been working through till dinner, or just have no idea what to make this is a common ingredient. Ready made crescent dough is something I’ve always used but someday I’ll get around to making my own! I use it combined with leftovers or food I need to use up. This time it was a bunch of thin sliced ham in the fridge & a hankering for something cheesy.
Crescent Ham & Cheese Roll Ups
recipe from Home in High Heels
1 8 ounce can refridgerated crescent dough
16 slices thin honey ham
1.5 cups cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons Parmesan (or extra cheddar cheese)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in glass dish in microwave. Mix in herbs & salt to taste. Set aside.
3. Pop open crescent dough. leave in large sheet for pin wheels. Lay out like a flat rectangle.
4. Sprinkle half the cheese on the dough. Spread out turkey. Top with remaining cheese.
5. Roll into log shape & slice with a very sharp knife for an even cut. Slice into 12, 14, or 16 depending on preference.
6. Baste with melted butter mix. Reserve 1/2.
7. Place in oven for 10 minutes, remove & baste with remaining butter & top with Parmesan. Continue baking 5-7 minutes until bubbly & golden.
8. Remove from oven & serve immediately.
Hubby ate these up! We usually throw veggies in these like broccoli or sauteed peppers. Tonight we were craving “junk” so this was a nice medium. What would you put in roll ups?