This post is brought to you by HiHH & M&Ms. Thanks to M&Ms for making this post possible!Are you ready for the awards show parties to begin? Today I thought it’d be fun to show you a super easy recipe to either bring to a party or serve at your own! All you need are some basic ingredients a lot of us have in our pantry already & it doesn’t take long to throw together either! Adding M&Ms to the mix adds some color, crunch, & a bit of fun with a candy we all recognize & love. Keep reading to check it out!
The first thing to decide is your mixture. Air-popped popcorn is your base but you can choose your chocolate, type of M&Ms, & even add seasoning or sprinkles. I chose the peanut M&Ms this time because I wanted something nutty…& this was an all in one step instead of adding some. Did you know only 1 in 100 peanuts makes it into a bag of M&M’s Peanut? That’s some serious quality peanuts.
Your next option is picking out your chocolate to bind your ingredients. I went with white chocolate melts because they’re super easy to work with. Plus the bright white really blended in with the plain popcorn. This would also work with colored chocolate but with the white the M&M’s really POP!
Then I served them up in these cute mini popcorn containers- cute right? These make it easy for guests to have their own little theater tub while watching a movie or awards show. Obviously you can throw it in a big bowl too…but isn’t this fun?
- 8 cups cooked popcorn, unpopped kernels discarded
- 11 oz chocolate, I used white but you can use other varieties
- 10 oz M&M's candy, any variety
- Sea salt
- Place your popcorn in a large bowl or pot. Melt half of your chocolate according to package directions. I normally use candy melts & microwave on half power for 1 minute, stir, then microwave in 30 second intervals stirring until melted.
- Pour melted half of your chocolate over popcorn & sprinkle with half of the M&M's. Add a dash of sea salt. Using a large spoon, combine ingredients. Repeat with second batch of chocolate.
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper & pour the popcorn mixture so that it spreads out to set up. To quickly set up, place in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes. Remove at least 10-15 minutes prior to eating so it isn't too hard.
- Store in air-tight container...although it likely won't last long!
So what do you serve at awards show parties? What are your red carpet recipe favorites? Any other M&M’s recipes I could check out? I’d love to read about them in the comments below!