So for this Friday Foodie Linkup we went with a fun theme- going green! I think there are a lot of ways this topic can be taken, right? Healthy? Literally green? Well I hope you thought of those two as they both pertain to today’s recipe! Without further ado, here is my recipe for Mint & Lime Asparagus!
Before we go green I need to address one thing- the beautiful chicken here will have its very own post Monday for St. Patrick’s Day! How does chicken equal that particular holiday? Hint: BEER.
Now onto this recipe! I think when you’re working with really basic ingredients you should opt for higher quality so you can really taste them. I chose a higher quality olive oil, fresh cracked pepper, nice ripe limes, & a mint chutney I’ve had waiting to be used.
- 1 lb. of asparagus, washed & trimmed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons high quality olive oil for roasting/drizzling
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 to 3 fresh limes, you want about 1.5 tablespoons of juice
- fresh mint or mint chutney
- Preheat oven to 450. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil on a roasting pan then top with sprinkling fresh pepper & salt. Make sure your spears are well covered in oil for an even cook. A good trick is to roll them with your palm lightly to make sure each is covered in oil evenly.
- Cook about 8-10 minutes until browned & the ends look a bit crisp.
- Remove from oven & transfer to serving dish. Top with fresh mint/chutney & the lime juice. toss lightly. Serve.