Love orange chicken? So do we! This is one of those meals we could easily eat weekly. If you’ve noticed, we’re big on Asian cuisine & this is one of the biggest hits. The key to this sauce is the orange marmalade…it is just the best. Keep reading to check it out for yourself!
Here’s a photo of the sauce when it is all done, you should be able to draw a line with your whisk. If you happen to also have a squirrel whisk…well then you’re just fabulous too!
Easy Orange Chicken
from Home in High Heels
For the chicken:
4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon ginger
For the sauce:
2/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil for frying.
2. Cube chicken breasts. Mix flour & ginger. Toss to coat lightly.
3. Combine sauce ingredients reserving the cornstarch. Bring to boil & simmer to thicken whisking every few minutes.
4. Fry chicken portions at a time as to not overcrowd your pan. Drain on paper towel.
5. Add cornstarch & 1 teaspoon water mixed to sauce mixture to thicken. Bring to boil again & let thicken.
6. Toss with chicken & enjoy! Serve over white rice if desired.
We love this so much! I haven’t used another recipe in ages for the sauce either, except to make it more spicy. We pretty much eat everything more spicy than I put in the recipes. We usually have it with veggies too just not this night!