My husband rarely orders sweet drinks. Like ever. I mean he doesn’t necessarily drink lime juice straight…but I’d put money on him doing it when I’m not around. So this recipe was born out of his love for both citrus & local honey. & it is DELICIOUS. Keep reading for all the delectable details!…
Happy beginnings of the holiday madness! While everyone is prepping HUGE birds…I’m posting something a bit different. Cornish hens are much smaller & a lot easier to prepare than you may think. Today I want to share a recipe that looks gourmet but is actually very simple to put together for an impressive meal. With some citrus, honey, & fresh sage touches…get ready to fall in love. …
Love orange chicken? So do we! This is one of those meals we could easily eat weekly. If you’ve noticed, we’re big on Asian cuisine & this is one of the biggest hits. The key to this sauce is the orange marmalade…it is just the best. Keep reading to check it out for yourself!
Here’s a photo of the sauce when it is all done, you should be able to draw a line with your whisk. If you happen to also have a squirrel whisk…well then you’re just fabulous too!
Easy Orange Chicken
from Home in High Heels
For the chicken:
4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon ginger
For the sauce:
2/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil for frying.
2. Cube chicken breasts. Mix flour & ginger. Toss to coat lightly.
3. Combine sauce ingredients reserving the cornstarch. Bring to boil & simmer to thicken whisking every few minutes.
4. Fry chicken portions at a time as to not overcrowd your pan. Drain on paper towel.
5. Add cornstarch & 1 teaspoon water mixed to sauce mixture to thicken. Bring to boil again & let thicken.
6. Toss with chicken & enjoy! Serve over white rice if desired.
We love this so much! I haven’t used another recipe in ages for the sauce either, except to make it more spicy. We pretty much eat everything more spicy than I put in the recipes. We usually have it with veggies too just not this night!