Recently we’ve been pushing to snack healthier around the house. We’re moving in only a few months now (the final countdown!) so now is the time to clear out the junk so we don’t have to move it! I actually purchased a really affordable option off Amazon (you can see it here!) & we ended up using it every single day! I couldn’t believe how useful it was for herbs, veggies, & seriously tasty snacks. Oh- & dog treats which I think I’ll discuss in another post! The new dehydrator got SO much use that we had a big lineup of backlogged items to dehydrate even! Next my loving husband splurged & bought me the best dehydrator on the market- the Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator! It is CRAZY & I plan to have a bunch more recipes, DIYs, & reviews using it! To start out I chose a snack I’ve been munching on a ton in the past month- carrot chips with a bit of seasoning! Keep reading to check them out!
Salty, savory, natural carrot sweetness…seriously the perfect snack. & great for dipping when you cut them into strips like I do too! You can definitely cut them into chips or medallions if you wish as well, the fry shape & size is just my personal favorite!
- 4 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning, packet or homemade works
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh lemon juice or water to make herbs "stick"
- Wash & peel/scour carrots. Cut carrots in half then slice thinly into strips using a mandolin.
- Add carrots to bowl & top with ranch seasoning, salt, & pepper. Depending on how dry your carrots are, you might need lemon juice/moisture to get the seasoning to stick.
- Spread slices out on dehydrator trays making sure they have enough space & don't touch.
- Dehydrate at 115 F for 8-10 hrs. Carrots should be crunchy & firm when finished. Store in airtight container.
I’ve actually been devouring these with a dip I’ll be sharing next week! Keep an eye out! I just love the balance of these together but I think I’ll try making some spicy ones as well. What are your favorite dehydrated snacks? Are you a carrot fan?