Today I get to share with you a sweet & yummy Kentucky Derby themed treat thanks to Cottonelle who is this years sponsor! When I think of the big day I always dream of big hats, high heels, & fancy drinks. Instead of watching me teeter in heels & get lost in my fabulously big hats (I own so many! I feel like a celebrity in them!) I thought it would be fun to take some of my favorite drink ingredients & turn them into an easy, Kentucky Derby inspired dessert. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup brown sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- pinch of salt
- 2 whole peaches cut in half with pits removed
- Combine all ingredients except peaches to a small saucepan. Cook on medium & bring to light boil whisking to combine. Remove from heat & let sit to thicken up.
- Put peaches cut side down on lightly oiled grill or electric grill. Cook until caramelized & you have nice grill marks. Don't check them too often, just let them sit. When you are checking be sure to place them back where they were sitting on the grill or you'll have funky grill marks.
- Place peaches atop vanilla bean ice cream & drizzle with bourbon sauce.
This is one of those recipes that you can prep ahead & it still tastes awesome! Peaches really take very little work to grill & even though they aren’t in season quite yet you can serve the sauce over preserved fruit as well. I love a nice set of char marks- aren’t they lovely? If you’ve ever had people over & not had time to clean up an area (or yourself!) consider whipping out a handy dandy Cottonelle Flushable Cleansing Cloth to do the job! I’ve used them to clean up quickly after brunch, when I just don’t have time to get out an arsenal of cleaning products, or when someone has little ones. My house isn’t an anti-kid zone but that doesn’t mean I need sticky hands all over things! I like to keep my bathrooms well-stocked as well- consider keeping some Cottonelle Clean Care toilet paper rolls in an easy to find spot for guests & a handy Cottonelle Flushable Cleansing Cloth Upright Dispensing Tub to keep your whole house feeling fresh & clean!
So now time for the sweepstakes! You can win a year supply of Cottonelle products depending on the outcome of the races during the Kentucky Derby. Even better news? There will not be just one winner but the first 15,000 entrants to sign up could win Cottonelle toilet paper & flushable cleansing cloths if the outcome aligns!
2. Click on the Cottonelle Great Finish Giveaway
3. Click on “Sign up now”
4. Register for the Cottonelle Updates website
So what makes you feel clean & fresh before a big event? How do you take your bourbon? What will you be doing on Cottonelle Kentucky Derby day?