Hopefully you caught my Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe yesterday because today we’re throwing it together into one of my favorite lunches! Eat them cold, eat them hot, eat them right after they’ve been prepared, save them for later…main dish…appetizer…side…. Seriously this is one of those dishes that does it all. Plus it is completely customizable. If you don’t dig the veggies I do or you prefer tofu instead of chicken- whatever. Plus it is Friday & that means time for another Friday Foodie Linkup! Check it out!
- For Noodles-
- 1 box of spaghetti noodles
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon Asian peppers or sriracha
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can baby corn, drained well & chopped into thirds
- 15-20 spears of medium asparagus, cleaned & chopped into thirds
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- For Sauce- see this entry from Home in High Heels
- You'll want about 2-3 tablespoons per person.
- Optional- chopped green onions & peanuts.
- Salt a large pot of water & bring to a boil. Add pasta & cook according to package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water, & set aside.
- Add oil to wok & heat on high. When heated, dd garlic & saute until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper, also the dried peppers if using. Add sriracha at the end or directly to the sauce. Add chicken to the pan & cook until lightly browned.
- Add baby corn & saute for 1-2 minutes to remove moisture. Add asparagus last since it cooks faster.
- Add soy sauce & mix thoroughly then remove from heat. Add noodles & sauce mixing well.
- Serve hot or chill. Can be eaten hot or cold.
Yum! Simple, easy to make, & uses a sauce you can keep on hand. Remember to check out that recipe for Thai peanut sauce here– it beats the bottled versions! I really hope you give this recipe a try because it is an amazing fallback meal that is kid friendly as well, just omit spicy additions when you make the sauce. For more texture add some chopped peanuts on top, yum!
& here is the linkup! Hope you enjoy checking out the other recipes as much as I do! Want to join in on our next linkup? Check out my Lifestyle Blogging Network tab here for more information & how to apply.