One of our absolute favorite purchases so far this year? THIS AIR FRYER! Oh my goodness- we use it so much! I’ve even convinced multiple people to pick one up for themselves! Today I’m showing you a quick favorite snack that I can normally only get in a restaurant appetizer form- deliciously crispy jalapeno rings! Or jalapeno coins? Whichever! Keep reading to see the method behind this scrumptious madness!
I’m so not kidding about this air fryer changing our lives. We use it for so many keto-friendly recipes these days. If you follow me on snapchat (stephlouiseatb) or on my instagram (homeinhighheels) then you have probably seen it get a lot of love on my live stories! We LOVE jalapeno coins from Red Robin (along with their cheese curds!) & I’m always buying fresh jalapenos. It only made sense to give this recipe a go at home- right? & I was thrilled with how easy these were!
- 1 jalapeno, sliced & seeded if desired
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
- optional- cajun seasoning for extra kick
- pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg, raw, mixed well
- cooking spray or oil mister
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients & mix well.
- Pat jalapeno slices dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Dip jalapeno coins in the egg wash then in the dry mixture. Toss to coat. If it isn't sticking enough- reapply but you don't want it too thick.
- Add jalapeno slices to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray with your oil of choice.
- Cook coins until nice & crispy, turning once. This might vary a bit because of how your jalapeno slices are sized. Eat them while they're hot!
& there you have it! I have these as a snack with a bit of cheese as a pick-me-up or have them atop tacos for a special crunch. I’ll actually be sharing my deconstructed shrimp tacos soon- so stay tuned for that! If you like something spicy with a bit of salt- then these coins have to go on your list! Obviously you can make them in the oven as well but honestly…nothing comes close to the air fryer for this recipe so far!
Do you love jalapenos like we do? What snacks do you whip up as a healthy option? Interested in more air fryer recipes?