Healthy cookies are such a strange concept. In the last few years I’ve seen a real surge of these recipes. Breakfast cookies too! I wanted to create some using protein butter for an extra boost. After some experimentation & failed cookies…these are my favorite! Keep reading to check out the recipe!
The nutrition on each cookie using the exact ingredients below are pretty decent. For calories you have 161, 9 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, & 7 net carbs. Plus only 1 gram of sugar. If the carbs are still too high for you then you might want to play with other peanut butter or protein butter options.
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 4 tbs sugar substitute (I used Swerve Granulated)
- 4 tbs almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 cup Nuts ‘N More Chocolate Peanut Butter (or other flavor)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbs cut butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl & mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Combine wet & dry. Mix well. Put in fridge about 10 minutes. It performs best chilled!
- Make 12 equal-sized balls. Take your fork & make your cross-hatches as you push down each ball.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. They don't need to be hard- they'll harden up as they cool!
- Remove from oven & let sit about 5 minutes then move to cooling rack to completely cool.
- Store for up to two weeks in a sealed container- but they probably won't last that long!
Have you ever tried healthier cookie options? Ever tried Nuts ‘N More Protein options? See a ton of them here! I’m currently hunting down some new protein butter brands so let me know what you guys like as well in the comments!